Sunday, January 11, 2009

Happy New Year

Has it really been this long since I logged into this space? Where did December go? Did it go out the door with the dried but beloved Christmas tree? Did it go out to the curb with a variety of spent wrapping paper waiting for the big purple truck to take it to it's final resting place? Did it go down my throat along with all the other caloric treats that once appeared on our cabinet top or my in-law's table? Maybe it went onto the shelves where the collection of new toys and entertainment arrived for my children? Or maybe, it went into the ornament box that was tucked away with that beautiful collection of carefully wrapped decorations. Each with its own story and tale.

Wherever it went, I was seriously absent from this special space and I've missed it. Maybe my hangover resulted in a need to withdraw from the intensity of December?

Who knows, but Happy New Year. Time to reflect and share again. Time to take some moments with you Andrew and me, mommy. In that warm and special place that knows moderation.

Happy New Year.

1 comment:

CLC said...

Happy New Year to you! I am so glad to be done with December, but now I feel like January is dragging! Glad to see you back.